Saturday, August 29, 2015

Why not try something new?

I am looking forward to this week because I will be trying something new, or a few somethings new. Let it be said that I hate change. It is so uncomfortable for me, but sometimes change is absolutely necessary. So, here's what I am doing this week.

1. I'm changing my morning routine. Most mornings, the first thing I do is check Facebook. Why?! There is nothing life-changing there. Instead, I am going to be intentional about reading my devotional first. I have also changed my Facebook news feed to show me some inspirational posts FIRST before I dive into what everyone is whining about or what they ate for dinner last night. Hehe.


2. I am taking on an 8-week project with this blog. We will be working up to walking a 5k by the end of the October, and there will be journal prompts each day to help encourage you in new ways and refocus on life instead of stress. If you would like to join us, that would be awesome. If not, that's awesome, too!

3. My kids are headed back to school on Wednesday, so I'll be coming up with my new daily schedule. I need structure and stability just as much as they do, so I am setting myself up for success by planning ahead.

4. My final change for the week is a meal plan. We've done these in the past. However, our summer schedule was nice and loose. As school starts up and we begin our busy dance schedule, it is extremely important that we have a plan each day (or dinner becomes a huge stress point).

What about you? What are you going to try new today? This week? This month? This season? I'd love to hear how I can help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment