Tuesday, September 1, 2015

31:25

White flag. No more. I'm just done. Thanks.

We all have those days. You know the ones. Sometimes you are aware of it the moment you open your eyes (or maybe before). Sometimes if takes an hour or two and then everything just.... BLAH! I am certain that I am not the only one who feels this way, and unfortunately, today was just one of those days.

Once things started going wrong (and by wrong I mean really flipping bad), I caved to the easiest reaction. Fear. For so long, I have allowed fear to be a deterrent, backing away from opportunity after opportunity because of fear. The fear of failure. The fear of success. The fear of abandonment. Disappointment. Freedom. You name it, I am afraid of it.

I'm learning that fear does not always need to rule my life. And I have found some incredible ways to use it as a motivator. However, today, I allowed it (yes, it was a choice) to overcome me. I got to the point where I couldn't take a deep breath. I was almost convinced that there was no hope left, and while this sounds exaggerated, some minds are more powerful than others. And then I saw it. The mirror.

Elle est forte. 31:25

My right shoulder is permanently marked with that phrase and those numbers. The translation? She is strong. The origin? The bible. Proverbs 31:25. "She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future." WITHOUT. No fear. Laughing. I am stronger than those fears, whether they bring up old memories or they are hidden in the unknown of what is to come. I do not need to cry. I can laugh.

The next time you are on the cusp of choosing fear, sit with your choice for a few more seconds. What are you really afraid of? YOU are strong. You can laugh and not be afraid. I believe in you. You should try it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment