Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I woke up like this (hahaha)!

It's a good day to celebrate!!

If you live close to me, you are probably rolling your eyes and making faces. It is rainy and dreary. The sun has not made an appearance for several days and it is pretty chilly outside. And for goodness sake, we couldn't even see the Blood Moon on Sunday! There doesn't seem to be anything to celebrate.

Well, I think you're wrong. I'm choosing to see the miracles today. (This is not an every day occurrence. I struggle at times with finding joy, but I'm feeling very determined.) Here is my list of reasons THIS DAY is amazing and incredible!
  • I woke up breathing this morning, just as I have for the last 12,418 days. I know this number because today is my birthday, the day God chose to breathe life into me.
  • I'm pretty sure this means I get to eat cake, as well!
  • I want for nothing. Seriously, there is nothing I really need right now.
  • I got to pray today. No one has taken that right away from me.
  • I had an awesome run this morning. Lacing up my Sauconys and jumping through puddles with my friend was so much fun!
  • There was a barbell in my hands today. If you don't lift, I know that last sentence sounds like Mandarin to you (if you speak Mandarin, I apologize profusely!) If you lift, enough said.
  • Tim Horton's Pumpkin Spice Muffin. Need I say more?
  • My husband wrote a long and extremely beautiful post on my Facebook wall. I don't know how he loves me like he does, but I am SO grateful!
  • C, E, and L. My children are strong, intelligent individuals with generous hearts. I could not ask for more!
  • After 34 years, I have found the most giving, loving and hysterical friends on the planet. These girls make everything better, even if it took forever to find them.
  • My coach. I can't even talk about her without crying. She has changed my life. Love her forever!
  • And finally, this is the healthiest I've ever been. EVER. Duh, that's a reason to celebrate all the time!
What are you going to celebrate today? Find at least one thing, or pick something from my list to celebrate. Today IS a good day to be alive. There's always good, sometimes we just have to look a little harder to find it!

C E L E B R A T E  T O D A Y!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment